Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Qualities Of A Good Friend


Honest, funny, unique, interesting, attentive, adaptable, supportive, giver, loyal, positive are all the words that jumped into my mind when I first though of the qualities of a good friend. Also, I contemplated on one of the most popular saying about friends that states that friends have to admire your pros and ignore your cons. Hence, I decided to write a long sustained and angelic post in order to define the word “friend”. Suddenly, I got a whisper in my mind that reminds me that the qualities, which I expect to be in my friends, should – at least some of them- be present in me. As a result, I took a moment to re-contemplate about the criteria, which I established to define a good friend. Comparing those qualities to my own, I discovered that I did not only over estimate them but also turns out to be describing holy beings that were sent by god which is -no offense- far way from the truth. By then, I went-over and examined how can I assume a person is a go friend or not. Therefore, I only found a unique answer yet recognized by many different sources. Taking as an example a quote from the “Torah” which necessitates that “what is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor” or even another quote from the “Koran” which states that “no one of you is a believer until he desires for his brother that which he desires for himself”. So, I think these two quotes say it all. From the moment when you feel like sharing the same chemistry and some common interests as well as assure that you’re friendship is based on the concept mentioned above, you have to let your friend acts freely around you. As for myself, the most I can do for my friends is simply be their friend –their true friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment